- Safe and accessible form of yoga and meditation suitable for all levels of fitness and flexibility, no previous experience required.
- Suitable for those new to yoga or meditation.
- Options and stages offered (including chair options for both yoga and meditation).
Regular Dru Yoga / Meditation classes generally include:
- Activations to warm up the body and release stress
- Energy Block Release sequences unique to Dru Yoga
- Flowing sequences and postures (asana)
- Prana Kriyas sequence unique to Dru Meditation
- Focus on breath awareness and practices (pranayama)
- Still points for awareness
- Concentration practices (dharana)
- Nature based affirmations / visualisations
- Encouragement to listen to your own body
- Deep and restorative relaxations
- Mindfulness meditation
- Relaxing instrumental music playlists
- Crystal singing bowls
- Koshi chimes
- Ethereal sounds of the Rav Vast Celtic B drum
- Clearing scent of Tinderbox Equanimity room spray
- Relaxing Tinderbox Rose Radiance room spray
Most classes are held at The Yoga Collab studio which does have spare mats, cushions, bolsters, blankets, eye pillows and blocks. You might want to consider having the following as your own yoga/meditation kit if attending classes at other venues or online:
- Yoga mat
- Water bottle (to keep hydrated)
- Meditation cushion (optional)
- Extra props like blocks / strap (optional)
- Warm blanket / eye pillow (optional)
Dru Yoga is a graceful and flowing form of yoga.
The joints are kept relaxed and soft during movement.
This creates flexibility and a free flow of subtle energy.
The spinal wave and spinal twist are core features of Dru Yoga, enhancing spinal health and vitality.
Visit the Dru Yoga website to experience some free online classes.
Remember the pause is as important as the pose, enjoy the still points